My first week as the Marketing & Promotions Coordinator for Pencils.com is coming to an end, and it’s been so much fun so far. Here are some of the highlights:
- I talked with a production assistant at a major UK style magazine about the Palomino Blackwing.
- I built relationships with several pencil/writing utensil bloggers
- Heading up a weekly promotional venture, attracting signers-up with my witty repartee. (-: (By the way, come sign up!)
- Interacted with dozens of pencil fans on social media
I’ll be traveling to Stockton, CA again on Sunday for two weeks to get oriented and make plans, set goals, and what-have-you. It’ll be a lonely two weeks, living in a hotel 2200 miles away from my wife, cat, family and friends, but I’m looking forward to it. I think I’ll get a lot of good, fun things accomplished.
So bear with me. Once I figure out my role at CalCedar, and find out how this blog will fit into my life, I’ll get back to a little more regular updating. Meanwhile, I’ll hope you’ll find me on some of my other online nooks:
- @pencilscom, Pencils.com’s Twitter feed
- The Pencil Page, Pencils.com’s Facebook page
- Pencil Points, the Pencils.com Tumblr. And, of course:
- Pencils.com, where the main blog lives.
- Also, sign up for my weekly witty email promotions. (-: